Saturday, March 14, 2015

Difficult days

There are many magical moments as a mom, when my children are sweet and smiling, the sun shines, the angels sing, and all is right in the world. Then there are those other days. The long, exhausting, soul trying days. The days when I keep checking the clock and the minutes crawl by. The baby is crying, the toddler is throwing a tantrum for reasons that are completely irrational, the house is a mess, everyone is tired and their blood sugar is low. On these days, it is tempting to react in haste and frustration. Instead, I try to take a deep breath, close my tired eyes, offer a silent prayer, and remember that little eyes are watching me.  Through my actions, I am teaching them and so I choose to show them gentleness and grace, even on the difficult days. Especially on the difficult days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment