Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Mommy Fantasies

I remember a time when fantasies were exciting, exotic, and sexy. I dreamed of traveling the world, sipping piña coladas in a teeny bikini while lounging on a beach, dinner at fancy restaurants, etc. That was before I became a mom. These days, my fantasies are far simpler:

-finishing a cup of coffee before it gets cold
-sleeping past 7am
-wandering the aisles of Target alone
-eating a meal without being interrupted
-a magically clean house
-long bubble baths
-adult programming
-zipping up my prepregnancy jeans

I have traded small indulgences for more precious things like snuggles and smiles from these little people who need me. I wouldn't change a thing, but sometimes I miss those quiet moments to myself. What are your fantasies?

No comments:

Post a Comment