Monday, March 16, 2015

The Meditation of Motherhood

There is so much repetition in my day. I answer the same questions over and over, put the toys away endlessly, read those favorite books until I know them by heart, nurse, nurse, nurse the baby, and then nurse him again, chip away at the never ending piles of laundry and dishes. I feel like Sisyphus rolling that boulder uphill for all eternity. 

Each day looks like the last and they all begin to blend together.  I struggle to find motivation amidst the monotony. I sometimes find myself slipping into auto pilot, especially when I'm sleep deprived (always).  I strive to remain present and meet each day with renewed energy and enthusiasm. In this way, motherhood is a living meditation: to find the extraordinary among the everyday, to rise above the monotony, fully engage and live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment