Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Emerging from Hibernation

The first couple of months after a baby is born is about survival.  Feed, diaper, repeat. The primary goal is meeting the needs of the new baby. Trying to sneak in a little sleep and food for yourself becomes an after thought. All nonessential functions come to a grinding halt. Cleaning, grooming, cooking, etc fall by the wayside, especially with multiple kiddos.  

Our household is just beginning to settle into a new schedule and sense of normalcy. There's something apropo about having a winter baby.  I have entered into a new season of life as a mother of two.  I'm reemerging from my hibernation as the temperatures rise and signs of Spring begin to appear. As Nature renews itself, so do I.

have gained the confidence to go out with both boys.  Carter and I are both so happy to have a change of scenery and visit with our friends. I find myself relying on the Moby (a baby carrier) much more this time around. With a toddler to care for, having free hands is necessary! 

Logan is now taking a bottle, so I even have a bit of personal freedom.  After 2 months of constantly caring for my boys full time, leaving the house alone feels foreign. Like an amputee misses a limb, I feel like I am missing a piece of myself. 

I've begun running again and even returned to yoga class this week. It feels good to get sweaty and challenge myself physically.  I'm slowly beginning to feel like myself, but my sore muscles remind me that I have only taken the first steps on a long journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment